Roast Pork Tenderloin w/ Pears
5 Tablespoons Kings Organic Unsalted Butter
5 Teaspoons Ras el Hanout Spice Mixture–see below
3 Ripe Forelle Pears, peeled, cored, each half cut into 7 slices widthwise
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
7 Ounces Dried Apricots, soaked in warm water 30 minutes, drained, chopped
1½ Cups Chicken Stock
1/4 Cup Kings Organic 100% Pure Honey
2 Kings Pork Tenderloins, about 1 Pound each
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1 Cup Slivered Almonds, toasted
Ras el Hanout Spice Mixture
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
3/4 Teaspoon Turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 Teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1. Combine all ingredients Ras el Hanout Spice mixture in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium high heat. Add 3 teaspoons Ras el Hanout spice mixture and stir 1 minute. Add Forelle pears and sauté until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Transfer pears to a plate.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same pot over medium heat. Add onion and apricots. Sauté until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add broth and honey. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes. Return pears to pot. Remove from heat.
4. Mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining Ras el Hanout spice mixture in small bowl to blend. Rub mixture all over pork tenderloins. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to pan and sear pork on all sides until browned, about 5 minutes total. Transfer skillet to the oven and roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of pork register 150 degrees, about 25 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board. Cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, reheat the sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cut pork crosswise into ½ inch thick slices. Divide pork among plates. Spoon sauce and Forelle pears over pork. Sprinkle with the almonds.